The Antaira STF-500C Series are Industrial Grade Design Serial-to-Fiber Media Converters that provide rugged solution to extend asynchronous RS-232, or RS-422/485 serial data transmissions over a distance of up to 2Km in Multimode fiber, or up to 30Km in Single mode fiber.
The converter is capable of selecting interface modes for connection to RS-232 (3 or 5 wire), RS-485 (2 or 4 wire, half or full duplex) or RS-422 (4 wire, full duplex). With the High Performance design, the STF-500C series provide:
High Data Protection:
- Secures Asynchronous Serial Data transmissions over EMI resistant fiber at speeds up to 1024Kbps
- Built-in RS-485 auto detection feature, 8KV ESD Protection and 2.5KV Isolation for Serial data transmission protection; and 10 positions Rotary Switch for RS-422/485 Pull high/low feature.
Secure Serial Network:
- Supports Point-to-Point, Daisy Chain, and Half Duplex Ring Topology Fiber Network
- STF-502C series supports Point-to-Point, Single Duplex Fiber connection (without Protection), or Dual Duplex Fiber connection (with Fiber Protection) - Redundancy Serial Fiber Network with Dual Fiber connections
Easy Monitoring and Maintenance:
- Built-in Dual alarm relay contacts and Dual redundant DC power inputs
- Front LED indicators for any Power, TD/RD, or Fiber Link failure monitoring
The STF-500C Series is a high performance & protection solutions for critical applications, such as
- High Serial Isolation Protection for Outdoor Equipment data extension in ITS Signaling, or VMS;
- Dual Fiber Ring Redundancy Serial Network in Firm Alarm Panels control;
- EMI resistant for IEDs data transmission in Substation Automation;
- Industrial Control in Process Control Automation, such as WWTP and Oil/Gas/Mining.